3.20.2009

Attempting to keep busy

Alright so lately I have been going nearly crazy because I sit inside all day every day with nothing to do. I have read and read and read. I love reading but it is difficult to do all day every day. I have been trying to watch movies or chat online with friends or just cruise the internet but fate has decided to crush me under her shoe. We do not have cable. We lost our internet. To top that all off, our xbox 360 (aka our dvd player) broke. So that is out of commission for about a month. I have resorted (I really do enjoy it) to cooking and baking.

On Tuesday I made a beef chuck roast with red potatoes, carrots, and gravy in my crock pot. It took all day and 3 phone calls to my mom but I did it and it was soooo worth it. Delicious. I didn't take an after picture like I had planned because we were seriously both so hungry we just dove in.



These are both when I put the veggies in but no the gravy. The colors looked pretty haha I am a dork.

I am so excited because We have enough meat left over that we are doing shredded beef tacos tonight. I am going all out with guacamole, chips, corn and black bean salsa for Cody, and fried Mexican rice. I will try to take pictures to prove it!

All week I have been waiting for my bananas to ripen. Yesterday I saw that three of them were and i had been dying to try a banana muffin recipe I came up with. I was nervous that they would turn out gross but they came out perfect! So moist and yummy. I was extremely proud of myself.


Banana Crumb Muffins

Muffins

* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
* 3 bananas
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup melted butter
* 1 over-flowing teaspoon vanilla

Crumb Topping

* 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon cinnamon
* 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
* 1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray Pam on 12 muffin cups.

2. For muffin batter, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix together banana mixture with the dry ingredients. Spoon batter into muffin tin. Fill almost to top. Makes 12 generous muffins.

3. For crumb topping, mix together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and powdered sugar until well blended. Using a spoon mash in the tablespoon of butter until the entire mixture is moistened and well blended. Takes about 5 minutes. Sprinkle topping over muffins. There may be just a little topping left over. Cover the entire top of each muffin cup so as to fully cover the batter.

4. Bake for 18 minutes. Let cool. Remove muffins by gently twisting them about then lifting.

5. Enjoy!!


My kitchen when I was done. Ha Ha I make a huge mess!


Baking in the oven!!





Yeah I had already eaten one. They are sooo good.

3 comments:

Mama Steele said...

Yay Rachelle!

Mama Steele said...

Um...how do you have a heaping teaspoon of vanilla? It's a liquid! =}
I seriously put this recipe right in my recipe computer file. They look amazing!

Aaron said...

Those look soooo good.
-Aaron