4.07.2010

Mrs. S's Surprise in the Tummy



Well Mr. Superman and I had a glorious vaca in AZ with no problems or hiccups. It really was wonderful. I'll save the pics for another post but Monday early morning, 2 am'ish, we got a very big surprise regarding something in my tummy.

For those who may be dreamin' bigger than me right now... Its NOT a baby. That would be a "Breaking News" worthy moment on CNN right there. My pain hit me out of nowhere and got worse, worse, then unbearable. After going to my school, getting my textbooks, and making a trip home, I decided it could be something serious so we headed over to South Georgia Med Center. After 2 hours in the waiting room, I was taken back. In the 7 hours after that I was told it was more than likely appendicitis (you know,the appendix I got taken out 8 months ago....), then given ex-rays, blood tests, and then two massive glasses of the nastiest radio-active stuff to drink followed by a ct-scan. It was a BLAST, let me tell you. Well it turns out, I get to keep my super sneaky appendix for the time being but I do have a massive cyst on my right ovary. What is massive? Oh its bigger than my actual ovary. Its extraordinarily painful. Its worse than surgical pain. OWIE. Good thing I've got an incredible husband named Mr. Superman who takes care of laundry and dinner and me.

Okay picture doesn't even do my tum tums justice but it is currently huge.

Hopefully I'll be fine soon and by fine I mean superb because school has begun and I missed my first day.

♥ Mrs. S.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh that's no fun at all. I really hope you're doing all right, we miss you two tons and brought you back some things from Hawaii. Feel better!

Adam+Tatum said...

Oh I am so sorry! I have poly cystic ovaries and I know how painful cysts are! I will be thinking of you and keep you in my prayers. Feel Better!

Amy J said...

Oh I feel your pain! Right before I got married I ended up in the ER with severe pain, while I was sitting in the waiting room I felt something "pop" and then the pain subsided. When I was seen by the doctor they did an ultrasound and found what was left of the cyst and it was the size of a golf ball...ovaries are what, the size of a walnut normally! They told me it was probably at least the size of a grapefruit before it ruptured. Anyway. Ouch! I'm sorry you are dealing with a cyst. They are no fun! Feel better girl!

Chelle said...

Did you at least get to keep that ubber sexy cotton gown from your ER trip?

How incredibly painful. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Exquisite Effects said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Thats what did me in, PCOS! Grapefruit sized cysts here too! Cysts are DEFINITELY worse then surgical pain! I hope you have a couple of hot pads, one for your pelvis, one for your back (I'm guessing your back hurts). Warm baths help too. Are they assuming its going to resolve on its own or did they tell you to have your PCP monitor it?

For the CT scan- I hate it when they make you drink the stuff instead of putting it in your IV! Thats not cool either! Hopefully they gave you gatorade to wash it down :)

P.S. I still think you need to file a complaint with the State Medical Board against the Dr who supposedly took your appendix out. If you don't know who call, Jeremy can find out for you, he works with most state's medical boards.