9.01.2011

I Call A Do Over: Exit Ikea, Enter Book Page Chest

My 4 AM usually consists of DVR or Netflix, food sitting somewhere on the floor or couch, my drill, dremel, and paint.

Since Mr. Superman deployed, I got more into DIY decor and refinishing furniture. My good friend Nikki, is a seriously incredible designer and she helped me a ton in teaching me techniques and easier ways to do things.

Now that I have a collection of stuff I've done and on my To Do List I figured why not share it with my  Lovelies? Without further ado, we dive in!

Photobucket

This week, I have another much improved Ikea piece.
Its the third entertainment chest identical to the two that I used to make THIS



that used to be a part of this



CRINGE.

If you Lovelies remember, I did my first book page project with THIS curvy legged table that sits in my sitting room.


Are you ready?!!

This is the original as seen on the Ikea website
and now, it is THIS!!

 

It sits underneath the MASSIVE picture window that takes up almost an entire wall of our master bedroom.

 

 On it sit two pillows I hand stitched some fabric flowers onto along with a chippy old jewelry box Mr. Superman got me a few years ago for my birthday. 



Its great having two extra drawers where we can stash all of our hats, scarves, gloves, beanies... Stuff that doesn't get a ton of use here in the South.


Sitting beside it is a really old suitcase that once belonged to a great-great someone or other of Mr. Superman's. I got it years ago when we lived in Utah and drug it around through move after move from house to house. Each time, my darling husband would pester me so bad to get rid of it.

Bah! Its perfection in its new home. 


I just had to throw this one in. 
I love unknowingly catching his boots in pictures around the house. 


If you have something to share, post it, include my button or a link to this post, then come leave me a comment so I can come visit you!



5 comments:

Goodnight moon said...

You did a super awesome job!!!!! I love DIY creations! The sky is your limit. Great job missy!!!!

Mama Steele said...

It looks great!
And the suitcase belonged to Chris Losee's aunt on her dad's side, which she inherited with a bunch of papers and letters and journals in it. She brought them to me when we lived with Nana to see if I could donate them to the church history library. You came over to visit with her/us and came away with the suitcase! There you go-part of the history of your old suitcase!

Radiant Readhead said...

that came out sooo cool!!! you are sooo talented!!

Janet said...

Fantastic! And just for the record... I especially liked seeing his boots in your photo.

I totally get it.

He'll be home soon! In the meantime, keep making him proud!

Kristi said...

I would love to try the book pages thing on something in my living room. I'm trying to slowly make it over in black, white and cream. This would be perfect. Here's a project that I just did for the living room. http://whateverp48.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-home-decor.html