Major Catch Up Time!!

NOTE: Really Really Long!!

Alright alright, its time to have a fully loaded blog post. Hopefully Blogger photo uploader is having a good day today cause I got tons!!

My post-op went well and I was told to just take it easy, keep stress minimal, and not to work out until I got back from Texas. No biggie because I wouldn't have been able to find the time to work out. I did come down with a cold which was major bummin' but I was bound and determined to be okay to go to BMT Grad.

We had a family get together to celebrate the August birthdays which was crazy and loud and fun and packed full of kiddies (best thing ever) just like always. Good desserts, swimming, and conversation dominate the Organ Family get togethers. After the party I did some hanging out with friends.

Dinner with two of my all time favorite people in the world. Spencer & Erin!

Shaycee Marie bein her sassy self

Parker struttin (since he can now)

3 out of 4 of my crazy brothers bombing the kiddies in the pool

Cute cousins Shay & Aiden!

Aaron holding the newest addition Mr. Colton.

Parker opening his presents with the help of his oh so "glowing" (yep, she's pregnant!) mama Katie.

I thought this was cute, so I stole a picture. Justin and Gin cuddling.

A bunch of the cousins sharing in the excitement of birthday presents!!

Me & cute Colt.

The August Birthday Kiddies!! Parker's expression just cracks me up. Jalen turned 11, Bailee turned 7 and Mr. Parker turned 1!!

Most of the kids enjoying their fantastic cake and homemade ice cream!

Before Erin & I headed out to San Antonio there was so so so much to do and I was stressed beyond belief. I was also pretty sick and nervous and didn't have any idea what to expect. The day before we left, I stayed up all night and did laundry and packed. I crashed on Tuesday around 10 am, slept until 2 pm then crashed again around 3 until 8. I finished packing and got all the last minute things done. Erin and I took off at 11:30 and got on the freeway at ten til midnight. We drove and drove and drove. I had to switch with Erin twice for about an hour each time just to keep from passing out but I did pretty well. We got to our hotel in San Antonio at 5:15 on Wednesday.

I was a nervous wreck on Thursday morning getting ready. We attended an orientation at 7 that morning which is where I finally got to meet in person the two wives I had been corresponding with online. Kim is the one I am now living with and Libby is the other one. Libby's husband is Reserve and was in a completely different squadron than Cody. Kim's husband Alex, was in Cody's Brother Flight! Very cool. They also are both doing Munitions Systems aka AMMO. After the orientation everyone (thousands) line up along this road to wait for and then cheer for our Airman on the Airmen's Run. You try and spot yours but its so hard because they all look the same. Erin spotted Cody and I couldn't believe my eyes!! He looked so different!

After the Airmen's Run we had about 3 hours to kill on the bleachers waiting for the Coin Ceremony and Retreat. We met a really neat couple from Pittsburgh who had a son in Cody's same flight. It was so fun talking with them and getting to know the people around us. The Coin Ceremony is where they officially swear in as Airmen, receive their Airman's Coin, and a few other things. I had chills the whole time watching Cody, this whole new man, be apart of this ceremony. I bawled, of course, and when it came time to go down and greet them, I was so shaky. They have to stay in formation and you go to them. It was incredible guys, absolutely incredible to see him and hug him and kiss him after nearly nine weeks of separation. Phenomenal.

The first thing he says to me? "You're here!" Ha ha, yes ladies and gents, my beloved Cody doubted my ability to get to San Antonio. After that, we (Erin, Cody, and I) went to lunch and got to sit and talk. It was by far, the most awkward, stinted conversation I have ever been a part of in my entire life. You could feel the awkwardness in the air. Cody later apologized he just didn't know how to act. Ha ha, it was okay. After lunch we explored the BX (Base Exchange) for a couple hours and ran into a lot of his buddies. Getting introduced to these guys was for lack of a better word, weird. They already knew everything about me so I felt a little strange. They are all great guys though. Cody loves 'em. After the BX we went bowling. Now for anyone who knows me knows I DO NOT bowl. I have been bowling once in my life and was so awful my mom put the bumpers up. Ingloriously terrible. Well we bowled with one of Cody's buddies Sepanik and his family. I was dominating the entire time until the last two frames then Cody and Sepanik killed it. Oh well, I beat like 5 other people. Ha ha. We went to a mini BX eatery place after that and ate some more then we got lucky enough to meet Dibley aka Dibbs. He is the coolest kid ever. He hung out with us lots off base too.

Friday consisted of another very early morning then driving to a parking lot on base and walking about a half mile to get to the Graduation Parade Grounds. Erin and I sat with Kim, her mama, and her brother. We also got lucky enough to sit next to Fortunado's parents again and then Robyn and Matt came right before it started. It was a great ceremony and I was so overwhelmingly proud to see my baby with his stripes on!! He looked so handsome. After greeting them on the field, we took a few pictures then walked back to Cody's squadron where he was able to show us where he lived for 8 1/2 weeks and meet his TI (training instructor). That was kinda the point where everything turned from being surreal and detached to becoming this real thing. I was finally able to see where he had been sleeping and living and doing everything. Strange. After that we went back to the hotel for Cody to get a real PRIVATE shower and vegged out for a couple hours in civi's (civilian clothes). We met up with Robyn and Matt downtown and walked the Riverwalk which was pretty and ate and did some shopping. We ran into a few people we knew and just had a good time. After that we went back to the hotel to get changed and then back to the base to grab some umbrellas at the BX (it rained so its a good thing), then swung by another hotel to pick up Nix aka Georgia Peach and then headed out to a minor league baseball game. It was a fun time. We didn't watch the game at all, just enjoyed each others company and hung out with Dibbs and Nix and then later Sepanik and Langford joined us. Seriously those guys are hilarious. I'm glad those were the guys Cody aligned himself with. They are all a bit younger than us but a blast to be around.

Saturday was a major veg out fest. We went to breakfast with Dibbs and Cody then Dibbs and Erin hung out while Cody napped. Fun right? Ha ha. Later we went to Sea World. OH MY GOSH. It was so small and packed and dirty (like everything in San Antonio) and nearly all the shows were closed. I got sick and we left. Lame.Lame.Lame. We went shopping, had dinner, then took it easy on base. Sunday was more of the same. Food, Airmen, hanging out, and trying to soak up as much time with Cody as much as possible. It was really sad when we dropped him off. He had his duffel bag I had stocked full of civi's for him and it was awful just having to say goodbye again. His buddies were all there so I got some pictures of them then we drove off. SAD DAY. That night, Kim crashed with Erin and I, we ordered pizza, and acted like a bunch of crazy girls. On Monday early morning we left San Antonio. I was able to shave like an hour and a half off our time so it wasn't too horrible. Here are the pictures from San Antonio!!

Airmen's Run!!

Some of the guys during the Coin and Retreat.

More of the same.

Can you spot Cody??

Um... ha ha Sepanik being Sepanik?

Cody's Flight marching in review at the actual Graduation Parade.

Cody standing next to his locker and bed. His ABU's and exceptionally shiny belt buckle. His slice of heaven at Lackland. HA!

Me making fun of his ever present cheesy fake picture taking smile. That's one thing that didn't change.

Erin & Nix

Cody & Chelle

Cody with Nix and two other guys from his flight, I have NO idea of their names.

Cody, me, Dibbs, Erin & Nix

Erin laughing at Dibbs. Chances are, he just said something spectacularly clever and funny. This kid's the bomb.

Dibbs, Cody, me, and Erin trying to squeeze in

The one Sea World show we did see and it was fantastic! The Balooga Whale one.

Cody & I at Sea World

My bestie and I

Erin tryin to calm herslef down so she can make her crazy eyes

Erin's crazy eyes.

Erin & Chelle

Kimmy and her hubby Alex with Cody & I.

Last dinner together on Sunday night.


Aren't they so freaking good looking in their blues?!? Its Cody, Dibbs, Langford, and Sepanik.

Good looking men.



One of my favorite pics of Cody! He has a real smile and he's so handsome in his blues!!


Robyn said...

Thanks for posting this- I've been checking every day just in case. So proud of you guys- you're in this too- pictures just made me cry! My baby boy is so handsome! Love you!

Adam+Tatum said...

Blast from the past! Hey its great to see you guys are doing well. You look wonderful and very happy! Congrats to your hubby for grad. bootcamp....that is a very big deal!