11.13.2008

To Write Love on Her Arms

Today is the day. Its TWLOHA Day! For a few of you, you'll know what I'm talking about. For most of you, this'll be new, a surprise, and hard to understand where I'm coming from. Let me start at four years and two days ago. November 11, 2004 my friend James died. He committed suicide. He was heavy into drugs and self harm. It hit me and my friends really hard and we all got pretty messed up from it. Now, some of us took years to bounce back, others a few months, and others, well, they are still extremely lost and unhappy.
Two years ago I found this organization called To Write Love on Her Arms. This organization is phenomenal and everything they stand for and do for those who are struggling never ceases to amaze me. Their main focus is to help people struggling with self destruction, depression, substance abuse, etc. They are all about providing a safe haven for people and letting them know there is hope and love.
Go to this link and read a little about it.
Go here to read some mind boggling statistics.
This is the second annual TWLOHA Day and the movement is to write the word LOVE on your arm where people can see it and to also tell everyone you love, that you love them. I've heard stories where someone saying 'I love you' or lending a hand stopped someone from committing suicide. Here I am doing my part to spread the word and to encourage all to join in, get involved, and always help those in need. I saw that my Words of Christ today fit right in and found it ironic.
"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." (John 15:12)
Mr. Superman even joined in and lent his arm in support of this fantastic movement of love and hope.
This was my first attempt.
 Then I saw other supporters displays and I had to vamp mine up a bit!
 Then I saw other supporters displays and I had to vamp mine up a bit!
 Then I saw other supporters displays and I had to vamp mine up a bit!
 Then I saw other supporters displays and I had to vamp mine up a bit!
 Then I saw other supporters displays and I had to vamp mine up a bit!
Here is my main squeeze's. As is his way, its simple but I'm so glad he did this for me and TWLOHA!

1 comment:

Mama Steele said...

Katie put a heart on her hand, and when I pushed her to talk about it, then she told me what it was about. However, I had to poke at her a bit before she'd say "I love you" to me! Silly girl! So glad that Cody is so understated in all that he does! ;-P