Playin' Catch Up... Again!

Its been a little while but I have had no desire whatsoever to post. I'm still not totally feelin it but I had an amazing weekend and have pictures so that is my motivation. Seriously though, lots of pictures!

I have been working out like crazy and its a slow process but I can actually squeeze back into my jeans now. I also have been trying to eat a little healthier so hopefully that'll help speed the process along as well.

This last week we went with Cody's recruiting Sergeant to Hill AF Base to tour. That was a ton of fun. We learned a lot and added a ton of things to our ammenities list. Ha ha, we are all about the perks. Later that night I checked my phone and he (Sgt Vanhook) invited us to Supercross on Saturday (the AF got in for free). I was sooo excited. I needed to get out and the weather had been fantastic and I was just thoroughly looking forward to it.

Friday the weather turned chilly and the sun was gone. Saturday it was even colder and rainy and super windy but we put on our jackets and arrived downtown at about noon. It was a little hairy tryin to get all of us in but after about an hour of wrangling with the witchy ticket girl, we headed down to the pit area. There were tons of booths and all the riders and their crews were working on the bikes. It was seriously so much fun just to see everyone and walk around and see how crazy some of the sponsors go all out out. The Air Force also had a booth and I was the only girl there, also the only non AF, but somehow I was made like the AF girl... it was interesting. All the guys were cool though and Sgt. Vanhook is always hilarious so despite the freezing pouring rain and wind, the afternoon was a blast. At about 5:30 I headed up to the stands by myself because all of the new AF guys that had been there were actually going out onto the field to be in the opening ceremonies and swear in. They were supposed to go on at 6:00 but didn't end up going out until after 7:00. I was so cold and lonely and soaking wet but when Cody went out there and swore in, and nearly 50,000 people gave him and the other fourteen men a standing ovation, I cried and screamed, and jumped up and down with everyone else and forgot all about my discomfort.

Also had I known what network it was on, I would have let everyone know. It was televised nationwide on CBS though, maybe some of you saw it!

The heats started at about 7:30 and the 250's were just as much fun as the 450's. I didn't know anyone in the 250's so I just cheered on colors. Ha Ha it was seriously so much fun. The main race, final event wasn't until nearly 10:00 PM but was totally worth the wait. These guys are phenomenal. It is absolutely incredible what they do. I had been cheering all night for the top two guys Chad Reed who is #1 and James Stewart #7. I had been torn all night but when the final race started, I was cheering only for James Stewart. He ended up winning and tied up points wise with Chad Reed and now its down to the wire to see who wins in the finals next week in Vegas. Oh how I wish we could go.

By the time we got home, we were exhausted and still numb but had had one of the best days in a long time. Here are some pictures of Supercross. I will post later the other things that have been going on.

Supercross was held at the University of Utah Stadium.

James Stewart testing out his bike for a practice run.

Villapoto was ranked top five in the competition and I think he finished 4th that night but Monster is his sponsor and they were the headlining sponsor of the season and I think the tour so they were pretty huge and all over.

This is the Air Force recruiting truck that they take to events. It had a ridiculous set up in the back, all the men thought it was beautiful.

just to give you an idea of how low the clouds were and how dreary of a day it was.

Cody is in the back row, right top corner.

Before the Supercross light main event started.

Great shot of the 250 riders comin out of the gate, before the holeshot

This is the 450 main final event, all the riders comin out on the straight away.

Me showing my love for James Stewart #7!

After the race ended, so happy my guy won, and so glad we were going to be warm soon!


Robyn said...

Seeing the pictures of Cody swearing in brought tears to my eyes! My baby!!!

Katie Savvy Steele said...

I almost cried too, I am so happy for you guys, and especially proud of my big brother.