10.07.2008

I Love My Parents!

So yesterday, Mr. Superman and I were talking about growing up in our families and things we're really wanting to instill into our own kids.

Well this is kind of an 'ode to my parents'. I was such a brat. I put my parents through so much stress and worry that was completely unnecessary. My parents were really supportive of me when I tried to get my life back on track and helped me out when I moved to Safford, AZ to try to start over.

They both have many strong points that I try hard to emulate and hold dear to me. My mom really is such a great friend to me. My dad especially was always the kind of man that I knew held the same values and traits that I wanted in my husband. I got them all in Loverface thank goodness. I was looking through some old pictures of me and my mama and my daddy and I just wanted to share them with you all.

The man that I look nothing alike but from whom I got everything.

My daddy still surprises me every once in a while. Whether he's cracking a joke, coming up with a new word (saying disgusting to EVERYTHING), or acting goofy. He always brings a smile to my face and he is always there to answer my questions and help me out.

My mom has always been so great to me. She even gave up her 30th wedding anniversary Hawaii trip to help plan my wedding.

I have great parents.

No comments: