4.27.2011

Defining Words


This week starts National Infertility Awareness week. Resolve.org is asking us in the infertility and baby loss community to help bust a myth. The myth and misconception that infertility isn't a disease.

Infertility is a disease.  
Just like heart disease or lung disease. 
It has a group of medical codes all it's own.  
It affects countless women and families.
It affects me.
Its a huge part of my life.
It helps define who I am.

I've taken this list from a fellow blogger, AF Recruiting: A Wife's Point of View.

634: Spontaneous abortion (i/e miscarriage)
640.0: Threatened abortion
646.3: Habitual aborter
649.5: Spotting complicating pregnancy
773.0: Rh- (Rh factor incompatibility
628.9: Infertility female of unspecified origin
256.6: PCOS
256: Ovarian dysfunction

I want to add endometriosis, as well as MTHFR and HHT.

This is a list that defines me and my inability to have a child. 
Its something that hurts my heart and my very essence every single day.

Help dispel this myth. Share and pray.

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love this! And I absolutely love the quote at the end. It really spoke to me.

I'm a 256.6

I know what it's like to suffer loss and go through the pains of infertility. The bit we have talked about it via e-mail has really help me realize that I am not the only one going through this. It's also nice to have someone who understands to talk to. So glad that I was introduced to your blog and you!
Huggs!

Ashlee G. said...

I'm 256.6.

I love this quote- it seriously needs to be painted on my wall!

You rock Mrs.S, you really do!

Emily Ruth said...

love you and your heart that loves fiercely.

Amanda C. said...

I'm so sorry you and so many other women have to go through this. I'm going to the doctor's soon to find out if I have any infertility issues.
All health insuranve providers should cover infertility treatments!!

Lydia said...

I love this, thanks for sharing!

A Beautiful Life said...

i didn't see a comment link on ur "empty" post, i just want to say i feel for you. My best friend for 25yrs has gone through all of this and i was right there with her for years as she and her hubby struggled. it's not easy, it's difficult, confusing, frustrating and heartbreaking. I hope somehow you find some peace, or at least the strength to keep going and trying and never giving up of being parents. after 5 years my BFF went through in vitro, they implanted 2 eggs and she lost one and thought it was all for not. but the other one stayed and her son Oliver was born in January 2011. he is a miracle and i hope you have that same miracle in ur life someday.
If not, i know the miracle of adoption as well and one way or another there will be a little spirit that is meant to be in ur home. Keep ur chin up and know that there are those out there who are praying for you and support you!

Rei said...

I know this is really hard for you. I love you and support you. Let's talk soon. K? You deserve all the happiness that the world has to offer. This isn't your end.

xox,
R