4.16.2011

A Way To Help

I know a huge part of this military blogging community has heard about, been affected by, and has been wondering how we can help and show our support to Jessica. If you missed her final blog post, it was a heart-wrenching farewell that threw those of us who read it into a panic, trying to locate her and find out if she was okay. A few hours later, MP's who had been contacted by several bloggers, let us know she had been found in the hospital, physically unharmed which let us know it had been a preset post. After the relief of discovering she was still alive, we all began to question what we could do as a community to show our love and support. In the last week or so we have all been updated through blog comments by Jessica's parents. Today I received an email from them and wanted to pass it along.

"To all the wonderful people who responded to Jessica on her "Misadventures of an Army WIfe" blog,
John and I want to thank all of you for the kind words you have posted on Jessica's blog.  Jessica is currently in the hospital for an unknown length of stay and will require continued therapy afterwards.  I was able to visit with her for about 1 1/2 hours on Thursday, 14 April, and she is starting to realize her actions last week as well as the events that led to her depression and suicide attempt.  I did print out all your comments from her blog and was able to give her a hard copy.
One of Jessica's friends had a great idea that John and I are following up on....an Easter Basket filled with notes and cards of encouragement, empathy, stories, understanding or good 'ole humor!  If we could be so bold to the virtual community, we would like to ask you to send your thoughts, notes, cards, etc. to the P.O. Box below that we have now established:
I will gather them into an Easter Basket of Cheer for Jessica this week to continue to let her know she is not alone nor are the events she experienced isolated to just her. 
Please do not send gifts or money....just your words of encouragement and prayers.
Please let the word spread.....
Thanks again to all you,
 --  From the parents of Jessica....John in NM and now Janein SC"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm heartbroken! I haven't been able to be active in the community in the last few weeks because of my illness and my new job... I had no idea this had happened!

I'm so worried about her, and I'm so sad that I didn't know this had happened until just now and have been unable to show her my love and support.

Thank you for posting this so that we can all show her that we care about her and want to love and support her in this difficult time.