Hey Lovelies! Here is another fabulous guest post from the beautiful (and new mommy) Kathryn from Singing Through the Rain. I know a lot of readers aren't military but here's a little bit about why Kathryn (and so many of us other military spouses) love being a military wife! Be sure to head to her blog too. She's wonderful :)
"Hi Ladies, Mrs. S. was nice enough to allow me guest post on her blog today. She is such a sweetheart! I gave her a post I did for a military wife blog carnival on wivesoffaith.org. We were asked to list 10 great things about being a military wife. I really like this because I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in the woes of deployment and other military life stresses, that we don't think about the good that comes from military life as well! So without further ado here are my top 10:
1. Having support from other wives going through the same thing you are.I have met so many wonderful military ladies both online and in person, and I love all the support groups I have found as well. It is a big help to be able to go through things like deployment, and PCSing and know that someone else understands!
2. Stability (knowing my husband is not going to lose his job, and always getting a pay check).I know the military isn't always stable as far as where you might have to move to, or what your husband does, but I do like that we do not have to worry about him getting fired, and that we get a paycheck no matter what. It helps me worry less!
3. Being patriotic and proudI know that you do not have to be a military wife to be patriotic and proud, but becoming a military wife has made so much more in tune to what people have done for our country past and present. It is an amazing thing!
4. Seeing my man in uniform!This is one of my favorites! What girl doesn't like a man in uniform? Here is my favorite picture of my man in his blues on our wedding day!
5. Benefits (shopping at the BX & commissary, discounts, housing, etc.)I love the benefits we get from being military. I love shopping at the commissary and BX and saving money, I like being able to use the super-nice gym they have here on our base, and I like that some places offer discounts to military families as well. Also, if my husband ends up staying in the Air Force 20 years like he plans, then we will also get the benefits that come with that!
6. Learning and growingI like the learning and growing that I have done since my husband has joined the Air Force. If you read my post here about being a military wife, you will know that it has been quite a journey for me. I have learned so much, and grown so much, and I am thankful for all that it has taught me. I know there are many more years to come of learning and growing.
7. Meeting lots of new friends You cannot beat the wonderful friends you make each time you move. Yes, eventually you will have to move away from them, but hopefully these friends are for life, and have helped you somehow along the way. I am so grateful for the few good friends God has brought into my life since being stationed here, it really amazes me!
8. Traveling You cannot forget travel, because this is something that goes with the military hand-in-hand! Whether you are PCSing around the world, or moving across the states, the traveling definitely makes things interesting and keeps you on your toes! What better way to see the world and other places you might not have been to?
9. Almost full health care coverage I will not go into what I think of the doctors that are under the health care for the military, but I will say that our insurance coverage is really great. There have been several things that have happened that I know we would have never been able to afford to pay for without the coverage of Tricare. It pays for almost anything. I had my baby a few months ago, and it was nice to know that Tricare covered the entire cost! Thank God for great coverage, or otherwise we would have had to wait a long time to have a baby!
10. Homecomings Last, but not least, are homecomings. Yes, it is sad when our husbands have to leave, but when he comes home what a great thing to be excited and happy about! It's the thing you look forward to most, that keeps you going through the night, and gets you to the next day.
What are some things you like about being a military wife?"