7.17.2010

Words of Wisdom from Mr. Superman

So for a while now, I have been thinking about occasionally posting a new segment. Up until sitting down to write this I hadn't thought up a name but I think "Words of Wisdom from Mr. Superman" is PERFECT. Often, I find myself scrambling for a pen to write down things he says and have recently taken to entering little notes on my phone to save for a later date. To use the words of one of our good friends whom Mr. Superman attended BMT with, "He is a man of few words but when he does speak, it is absolutely epic." Indeed. Here a just a few gems to tide ya'll over.

In 2008 sometime he eloquently spoke these words in response to me defending my masochism in cleaning and chores when I am ill. They have evidently stuck with me. 

"Ya but I'm the man in the relationship. I wear the pants. And sometimes, wearing the pants sucks. It's just life. You are a woman. You should at least get to wear stretchy pants. Maybe even comfy pants."

When I laughed hysterically and asked where it had come from...? 

"I'm full of crap like that. You don't even know what I've got goin' on up in my noggin."

This past week found me in stitches a few times over the words that come outta this mans mouth. Here's two for you. Hopefully no one's offended.

I saw a girl at Sonic working pretty late at night. She was pretty far along and I noticed they are open 24 house now. I felt bad and stated how badly it would suck to be pregnant and working late night at Sonic. His response? 

"She's not pregnant. She's knocked up. Any girl, married or otherwise, working late night at a fast food place is knocked up."

Also in response to me saying I wanted to go look at a new thrift shop... 

"You are such a material girl living in a material world."

I know. I mean obviously otherwise I wouldn't be living in Valdosta, GA incredibly poor. 

"Oh well that shows what you know. I have you imperiused"

I didn't even know what to say. And now lovelies, this concludes the very first edition of "Words of Wisdom from Mr. Superman"

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hopefully people DO actually know what "imperiused" means. Haha, Cody has always been a weird one.

Jen said...

I love this!!!! Can't wait to read more! :)

Roller Coaster said...

I absolutely love this!! I've often thought about asking my husband to guest post, but I don't think he'd do it. Can't wait to read more!!! Hope all is well on your end and that you're feeling ok.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

those were fun
Valdosta huh? a girl I went to HS with just left there, Harvey, she was AF

Miss E said...

lol that is way too funny!

Sarah said...

Bahahahaha!! That is GREAT! =D There are days when I'm wishing I'd written down all the crazy stuff that Joe comes up with too. You inspire me. ;-) Can't wait to read more!

Natalie said...

i love funny husbands : )

Mel said...

This is fun! I'm excited to see what else he says...ha ha.

Anonymous said...

He's very funny.. and what a great segment! I look forward to more!

Catherine said...

HAHA. This is hilarious.

I think that men named Cody have a "hilarious gene" Cause my Cody is the same way.

I am so looking forward to more words of wisdom! :]

Mama Steele said...

Yes indeed, these comments all sound exactly like my son! It's good to know he hasn't changed too much. In many ways he gets that dry sense of humor from Grandpa- my dad was always like that and well you know how well they got along! One of the highlights of his last year in high school was the day he taught the lesson in Seminary...in the bathroom. You'll have to ask him about that one. A good idea to write them down so you can remember them!

trooppetrie said...

I should really start writting things down. this would make a fun carnival

Star Spangled said...

Ha! He is funny!