5.30.2010

Day 12- Whatever Tickles My Fancy

I think with it being Memorial Day weekend, a tribute to our troops is completely appropriate. I have a few tribute videos that I feel do a great job of driving home all the feelings that accompany the loss of our brave men and women. Then again, I cry at any slightly patriotic song and nearly every time I see photos of our troops. I think that most Americans do not realize the monumental sacrifices that are made every day on their behalf and even though it saddens me, and yes, sometimes angers me, I know there are people who DO understand and appreciate. I am so proud to be married to a man who felt the need to serve. He knows his duty and he loves his job. I am so grateful to live in this country with my life abundantly blessed by the sacrifices made through the centuries. These aren't just for the fallen, but all of our troops. The ones deployed, the ones almost home, and the ones still on the home front. Happy Memorial Day lovelies and God Bless.








6 comments:

Unknown said...

{hugs}

I will always remember.

MJ said...

There's my daily cry...thanks for posting, I will always remember.

Steph said...

What a great post! Thanks for remembering.

Tylaine said...

Beautiful! just Beautiful....brought tears to my eyes. God bless our troops!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I needed this.
Thank you for sharing.
It helped me remember the true meaning of Memorial day.
In the 2nd video at 1:12 is a picture of my husband's neighbor kneeling next to his brother's casket at Arlington. Cody Prosser lost his life and was my husband's neighbor. It sunk in today. Thank you.

Lindsay said...

Wow! What a great post.....thanks.