5.05.2010

Kindred Connection #3

Yay I caught it this week! I really was super bummed out when I missed it last week. Join in the fun its the best!



Windy Poplars


1. If you had a day from this past week that you could "live over" (either to enjoy the good all over again or to change something for the better), which one would it be and why?

Normally I would say no way because I try to get to Thursday afternoon as quickly as possible but there is one thing this week that I wish I could go re-do. There is a girl in my nursing course that I don't really see eye to eye with. I mean she is nice enough but she smokes her way through half a pack in four hours. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke. She swears like a sailor. I mean super bad potty-mouth. She says a lot of negative things about the Military (Air Force) that every one else takes as fact. We just don't mesh. The thing is, she lives two streets down from me. She also rides a motorcycle. Well it was raining on Tuesday. She asked that if in the future, it was supposed to rain, she could get a ride with me. I said yes and gave her my number. When I left class it was pouring rain so hard that in the two seconds it took me to close my umbrella and close my car door, I got soaked. She hadn't finished her exam so she was still in class. By the time I got home I was so mad at myself and felt so horribly guilty that I didn't wait for her, insist we stick her filthy motorcycle in the back of my car, and make sure she got home safe and relatively dry. I wish I could go back and do that.

2. Do you work outside the home? Are you a SAHM? Are you self employed?

I used to. That is, I have worked my entire life. Last year when we hit major road bumps, me+working stopped. Not by choice, TRUST me. I have wanted nothing more than to be a SAHM my entire life but its just not in the cards yet. I WISH I was self-employed. How glorious would that be? I am currently in school to up my chances of being employable because unfortunately, living in a town this small that is 75% military is not conducive to finding a job.

3. What are two blogs that you really love, and why?

Of course I gotta break the rules. I picked four. Shoot me. The first one is because I find her extraordinarily inspiring and she was my very first Military Wife Blog that I started following. Mrs. P. at A Little Pink in a World of Camo. Second is Chelle at It's a Hooah Life. She was one of my first followers, her name is nearly the same as mine, she a little crazy like me, and she's just all out fabulous. Third is Nicole at Flip Flops & Combat Boots. She's gorgeous. She's also a loyal follower/commenter/Giveaway entrant. She crack me up. Really. We both would've gone to the Male Revue. Fourth is Mrs. Ma'am at My Life As a Air Force Wife. She too is a loyal follower/commenter. We also have so many things in common its a little ridiculous. Both got married super young. Both married to an AMMO (IYAAYAS!!) man. Both uber-fantastic. These are four women that I truly do feel a Kindred Connection with and have fallen in love with!

Sorry ladies, you're stuck with me.


♥ Mrs. S.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww I love this post! So cute. I'm so glad that you have developed a relationship with these women on here. It just shows that the bond between military wives is like that of no other =)

Kristin said...

Oh, I'm so glad you joined the party this week! :-) Yay! Enjoyed your answers...off to check out some of your fav. blogs (although of course I already love Mrs. Ma'am!) Happy Wednesday!

Mrs. Ma'am said...

You are just too sweet! I actually have a couple of funny stories for you once things settle down over here. I need to comment on your dictionary one because that is one of the funnies!! Actually, it is both of the funnies! Have a fabulous day!

I also like Nicole!! :)

Steph said...

My dream is to be self-employed, work from the couch, and never get out of my pajamas during the week. Hey you gotta have a dream, right?

Nicole said...

Aw thanks girls! I love all of you too! You kinda just made my day!