5.07.2010

Dear Mrs. S. (Your Questions Answered!) Part 1


Leave it to me to collect a crazy amount of questions and leave it to the day before to start answering them. Lucky for me (yeah, right) Mr. Superman is on swings this week so I’m alone all night. I am so blessed to have so many amazing friends asking me questions! Thanks guys! (Sorry if you read the same thing twice. I am answering every question even if it’s a duplicate.)

Questions from Nicole at Flip Flops & Combat Boots (Blog Bestie):

What is your biggest accomplishment?

I don’t really think I’ve accomplished anything, let alone anything BIG. I guess my biggest accomplishment would have to be making it through the last year with my sanity and life intact. That’s not a cheeky, funny answer either. Dead serious.

If you and Mr. Superman could vacation anywhere, where would you go?

Oh this one is hard! We have so many dreams and ambitions to travel all over. I think as far as pure bliss, vacation, R&R, and being able to just let loose we would both agree on The Bahamas.

What song/band are you most embarrassed to admit you like?

I’m not really embarrassed but it is a little ridiculous. I like The Backstreet Boys. Yeaaah.

Have you ever thought of joining the military?

No. I mean, never seriously. I don’t have the self-restraint and I don’t do well with biting my tongue. Someone yells at me or tells me what to do… Boy you better back up!

What’s one thing you and the Mr. never agree on?

This one’s tough. There isn’t one thing we always disagree on but the thing that comes closest would have to be temperature. I love cold. He loves heat. The way I see it is you can always get warm. Layer clothing, blankets, heat, the like. I can only take off so much clothing before I get in trouble.

What are your favorite sports teams?

I am a basketball girl all the way. I am an Arizona girl all the way. What does that make? A die-hard, true blue, hardcore, Phoenix Suns fan. If we’re talking college basketball, (Mr. Superman is gonna be so mad at me for putting this into cyberspace), I am a Duke fan. Shoot me. Well no, Mr. Superman may. He hates Duke. If I am forced to watch football I wanna be watching the Saints. If it's college football, Mr. Superman will kill me if I don't say Ohio State and Alabama. Really though, I couldn't care less.

If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?

This one was hard too. I have always tried to live by, "no regrets, just lessons learned" but there is one thing I wish I could change above all else. I wish that I wouldn't have gone to stay in Wichita Falls while Mr. Superman was in Tech School. There was something that happened that rocked our world, shook our lives, nearly ripped me apart, and put an unbelievably amount of strain on our marriage. Yes, we have come out stronger but we are scarred.

If you could have dinner with a famous person, who would it be?

I had to think long and hard because I didn't want to sound like a cliche. Picking just one is impossible because I tend to over inform from fear of sounding one layered or one track. As much as I wanted to throw out a massive list, I am going to go with three. You should know by now I have a hard time with rules. Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer, or Oprah. It is for extremely selfish reasons, trust me.

What’s your favorite dessert?

Ooh la la! Now we're talking! Cheesecake. All kinds but cheesecake hands down. 

Do you crave salty, sweet or spicy?

I can't even explain to you the absurdity of my cravings.  I have them all. At random times.

Do you have/want any tattoos?

I do have two tattoos. The one on my shoulder was a "I was 17 and my boyfriend wanted me to get it" kind of thing. Ha ha! When Mr. Superman and I met, I knew I wanted to get that sucker changed. I changed the colors and design a little bit so now I don't think about that idiot I got it for.  I have double hearts behind my left ear. Left ear for Mr. Superman. He picked the colors and he really likes double hearts.  


Favorite artist?

Oh hard. You mean like paint/draw artist? I don't even know. I just like art. Yes, I realize I sounded like a total twat just now. "Like ohmagosh! I don't even like know. I just like, you know, all art..."

Furthest you have ever traveled?

Until I met Mr. Superman I had only been to Utah, California, Nevada, and barely over the New Mexico border. Well leave it to the AF to change that real fast. After 9 1/2 weeks of separation due to BMT, I drove from Gilbert, AZ to San Antonio, TX. Yeah I drove 15 1/2 hours straight through. Insane. After graduation I drove back to AZ then loaded up the car again and drove to Wichita Falls, TX. It was comething crazy like 21 hours straight through. When He was done with Tech School we drove from Taylorsville, UT to Valdosta, GA. So the furthest was a little over 2,000 miles in 3 days. 

Have you ever "experimented" with any other religions?

No. I mean I not seriously. I dated a guy in high school for a few years that wasn't Mormon. I really wanted him to come to church with me but he refused unless I went to church with him. I think I went 6 or 7 times with him but it got to the point where I just stopped caring if he came with me.

What's your favorite store? Your clothes are so cute!

MMM you are too sweet. I haven't purchased new clothes in like two years. My favorite store for tops is Forever 21. They have their boutique section which is a little more sophisticated and no matter what style of shirt or dress, I am always the same size and it ALWAYS fits. Shoes, purses, and accessories are from all over. I get my jeans at Buckle. After eliminating jeans that don't fit my criteria (fit my hips, my butt, and the length that my legs need) its the only place that remains standing.

What's your favorite kind of music?

I listen to literally everything. It kind of matches my mood or the weather. The one thing that never fails to make me happy is country. I grew up on country and I love it all. I mean old school Garth Brooks, George Strait, Clint Black, Tim McGraw, Lonestar, the good stuff :)

What's the best book you have ever read?

This one is hard too. I have so many favorite books. I love the entire Harry Potter series so so so much. I also love The Giver. No matter how many times I read it, from 5th grade to age 22, its always incredible. 

Questions from Ashlee (High school friend):

Do you watch any sports on tv, and if so- who are your favorite teams?

I used to watch every NCAA game I could as well as every NBA game. Things have changed in the sense that I just don't have the time to watch several 3 hours games a week. I check ESPN on my phone every morning though. I watch(ed) the Suns and Duke because as I mentioned before, I love them. Everyone else I just checked the score and updates when I could. 

Are you political?

You mean do I engage in political discussions? Ha ha I am about as fiery and passionate as they come when it comes to politics. 

What's your most embarrassing moment that you've had in public?

Oh Ashlee, if I got embarrassed easily I would never be able to go out into public. Seriously though, I have learned to laugh at myself when I do things like walk into the 30 foot high concrete pillars at AMC (movie theater back in AZ). When we first moved here though, I think it was our fourth week or something like that, I had an unfortunate run in. I so smoothly locked my self out of my house, with no key, no car, and no bra. Yeahhh. I begged my two AF neighbors to help me break in. It was definitely not one of my cooler moments.

What's your biggest fear?

It's always been that I would lose Mr. Superman. Now, never having babies comes in to tie for first. 

Are you and Mr. Superman regulars at any restaurants? Which ones?

I wish. That would mean we had money to go out ;) We both really like Chili's and Applebees though. 

What state would you like eventually settle down in and live?

Even though its 117 degrees 8 months out of 12, we both want to end up back in AZ. Its very much home for both of us. 

What was your favorite wedding present that you got?

Oh we were so lucky in this department! Seriously. I think its a toss up between the outrageous amount of cash, checks, and gift cards we got, and our fabulous bedroom set from my even more fabulous sister and brother-in-law. They spoil us. 

What has been the biggest adjustment you've made since you've been married?

I don't really know. I think the biggest adjustment was when Mr. Superman enlisted. We didn't have any real changes or adjustments that were difficult to deal with until then. 

Has your love life gotten better, or worse since you've gotten married?

Ooh la la Ashlee! Are you talkin' about boomboom love life?  Well, even if you aren't, that's how I took it. It's really not a surprise. Its gotten BETTER. I mean its incredible. Okay, enough. I apologize.

What is one character trait that you have that you love that you have? And what is one that you hate?


I think I am patient. I also like to think I am strong emotionally and mentally. I hate that I cry when I get angry. When I am passionate about something, and I get angry, instead of being able to state my feelings and opinions gracefully, I cry. 
  
If you could be on any reality show, what would it be?


Oh I don't know. One where I could win a crazy amount of money. 


Do you have any recurring dreams or nightmares?


Yes. Some of them are way too in depth to get into but I have two recurring, with slight variations, that never fail to make me even more terrified of my fears. I have at least one a week where I somehow lose Mr. Superman. I also have baby dreams. To some they may seem like dreams but to me they are nightmares. Some are I find out I am pregnant but the baby dies, or we somehow have a child but then they are taken away from me. Some are just simply we have a child. I wake up and realize it was a dream and i fall apart all over again.

Are you sealed in the temple?

Yes ma'am we are. We went back one day short of our one year anniversary. For those curious about what 'sealing' is, you can go HERE.

If you could go to the past and change one thing (promising that it wouldn't alter the future in any way) what would it be?

I think that no matter what I would change, the future would be altered. I think I would once again, not go to TX while Mr. Superman was in Tech School. It would change stuff but not where we are now. 

If you could write a letter to your future self, what advice would you give?

As cliche as this sounds, I would be very simple and straightforward with, "Listen to your parents. No matter what, listen to them. They are right."

How many of your school friends do you still talk to?

Hmmm as in people who actually went to Heritage? (Heritage Academy, my high school) Good friends would be: I still talk to my best friend Davey. I am still friends with Jill W. Of course my cousin Sammy. There are probably a large handful of people that I still consider friends though. We still talk, text, call, I visit them when I am in AZ. 

Do you have any pets? What are their names, etc.

We do not. I have desperately been wanting a puppy/small dog that can be MINE. I want to be able to have some sort of company and something to take care of whenever Mr. Superman is gone. We are not allowed to have pets here though. If he TDY's or deploys, and we are still here, I plan on breaking that rule. I can't be alone. 

Where is your ultimate dream vacation spot?

If it is purely vacation, it'd be The Bahamas. 

Do you plan out your meals for the week?

I do. I actually plan them out for every 2- 2 1/2 weeks. I didn't used to but it is so much easier doing it this way. 

Favorite thing to cook?

I don't know. I like cooking but I really love to bake. I haven't stretched my baking muscles too far yet but I enjoy making cookies, cupcakes, cheesecake, whatever Mr. Superman's shop is wanting me to bake....

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? 20 years?

Well I know where I want to be but if the last year has taught me anything, its that you can't plan life. If you do, life takes it as a challenge to see how fast it can turn your world upside down. 5 years: Out of debt, Mr. Superman will be an Officer, we will be living somewhere different, and we will hopefully have a beautiful little boy or girl. 10 years: Oh my goodness! I will be 32 years old. Really though, the only thing that's certain is my age. the same goes for 15 years.20 years: Mr. Superman will have recently retired from the USAF. At least that is the plan for now. We will have several children and will be living in our dream home in Arizona. I hope to have made my dream of being a published writer by then.  

Questions From Cassandra at her personal blog (New'ish follower):

Where did Mrs S. come from? 

Well our last name is Steele, hence "Man of Steele" turned Mr. Superman. Whether you think of me as Mrs. Superman or Mrs. Steele, its all Mrs. S. Mr. Superman decided on the name.

What are all of your female issues? Disease or surgeries or what?

If ya'll are squeemish or easily made uncomfortable, skip this one. My entire life my periods have always been abnormal. Abnormal as in, ridiculously painful. The older I got, the worse they got. I mean so much so that my cramps hurt so bad I vomit and pass out. The passing out is from my anemia as well as the blood disease I was recently diagnosed with. Gross I know, but the bleeding is so bad I couldn't even leave my house. My periods last a good 10-14 days and it made having a "normal life" extraordinarily difficult. I also have endometriosis. I have had several miscarriages. I had an ectopic pregnancy last March. By the time it was discovered, I was 9 1/2 weeks along and had been bleeding internally for over a month and a half. My right fallopian tube was removed but the infection was so bad it caused my left fallopian tube to collapse in on itself. My doctor said to try to imagine a tube that is crushed but filled with concrete at the same time. Without IVF, I cannot get pregnant. Now I know that if God wanted to, he could snap his fingers and I would be able to conceive, carry, and give birth but for some reason it is not in the cards. I guess the answer is disease, surgeries, and God's own reasons.

Questions from Mrs. Ma'am at My Life As a Air Force Wife (Another Blog bestie):

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

10 years? I'll be 32 which seems utterly bizarre to me. I will still be married to the love of my life, who will still be in the USAF, but an Officer, and we will have at least one child. Hopefully more. 

If you could be stationed anywhere around the world, what are your top 5 choices? 

Oh I don't know! We would love to be stationed in FL.  We would love to go to Europe, either Italy or England. We would love to be stationed in Virginia. We both would LOVE to be stationed in Guam.

Would you like to retire as an AMMO wife?

I love being a part of AMMO. It has a whole extra side of camaraderie and family togetherness. Mr. Superman loves being in AMMO and loves his shop. He is really good at it and the job selection goes hand in hand with his major of Mechanical Engineering, however, he wants to be a Captain before retirement.  With our "plan" for the next few years, he should be a Commissioned Officer by no later than 2013.

Okay ladies, I do have a lot more questions to answer but I need to go work on the drawing for the winner of the Giveaway. Thank you a million times over for all the questions! Stay tuned for Part 2 of "Dear Mrs. S."

3 comments:

LC said...

I love your new blog design! especially the side with all the branches! WOO AF represent!!

Random Musings said...

i LOVE the blog design.. I am going to have to go figure out who did your "do" also HUGE list..but I loved every minute of it!

Mrs. Doc Handsome said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'd love to be addede to your Navy Lovers. I am a new follower as well. I look forward to reading your blog! You and your guy are adorable!!