5.31.2010

Day 13- A Fictional Book

Toughie Toughie! I'm going to go with Where The Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein. I love all of his books. They are so fun and I enjoy them just as much now as I did when I was younger.


The very first poem in the book is The Invitation. I've always felt this poem would be perfect to hang on the door of every church. What beautiful sentiment.

The Invitation

"If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer . . .
If you’re a pretender, come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!”

What's one of your favorite fictional books?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have three of Shel Silverstein's books on my bookshelf right now- Where the Sidewalk Ends, Falling Up, and A Light in the Attic. What's even MORE interesting is that very SAME poem- The Invitation- is framed and sitting on my nightstand because I love it so much. Favorite fictional book. Still TKAM (favorite book of all time) but also Hunger Game/Catching Fire and all of the Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites series.

Kelly and Sara said...

I love this book! It was my favorite when I was a kid. Great book choice!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I loved his books. They were great!

Sarah said...

Hey, guess what?! I gave you an award... =)

California Keys said...

Who didn't love A Giraffe and a Half or The Giving Tree?!?!?