5.18.2010

Dear Anonymous

I have been blogging for about 2 1/2 years now, maybe a little longer. I just started getting really into it and finding other MilSpouse blogs and bloggers I have things in common with about 2 months ago. In the last 2 months, I have recieved more anonymous commenters than I have in the entire time I've been blogging. They used to make me mad and all fired up but now I just laugh. I decided to start saving these comments for a future post dedicated to these skeezies douche bags lovely readers.

Dear Anonymous: You left me a not so nice comment about my post HERE, where I shared a video from the AF Academy. You did not like the fact that I said, "I imagine being in the Air Force Academy, they have a lot more opportunities and freedom for their creativity spectrum and entertainment." You jumped all over me like white on rice and told me in no uncertain terms should I be talking about things I myself had never experienced. Um, come again? All I was saying was the video was great and that I loved that they had more freedom in being able to make that video. You said it was much harder than BMT blah blah blah. That is besides the point. The fact that trainees at BMT can't have camera's, phones, video cameras, etc. shows that the people in the AF Academy, do in fact, have more freedom, which is all I was saying.

Dear Anonymous: You left me a comment about my post HERE. You misquoted me then questioned me. Two big no-no's Mr. Anonymous. You also made no sense. Although it was difficult to grasp what you were trying to say and in spite of your 4th grade vocabulary level, I will attempt to address your comment. Yes, I said I am Pro-Life. Yes, I said that hearing about abortion makes me sad and sick to my stomach. Yes, I said my political beliefs reflect my religious beliefs. (I still don't know why you kept pointing out to me what I said.) Then you said something that I think amounts to "supporting the war and our troops amounts to murder" so I am "a hypocrite." I don't know if you missed what else I had said in that post about them being my personal opinions/beliefs and not wanting to spark debate about politics but even so, I will respond. I won't talk about whether or not I support "the war" but I will address the fact that you said, "supporting our troops amounts to murder." Are you stupid? I mean really. Are you American? Well even if you are a stupid American, you should support our troops. Them doing what they do, day in and day out, allows you to run the ridiculous words that come from your not so educated head. Them putting on their uniform everyday, allows ignorant idiots like you to question people such as myself. Regardless of whether or not you agree with the war, you should be supporting our troops.

Dear Anonymous: You left me a comment about the same post as the above HERE. You said, "Have you ever thought in all your 'religiousness' that perhaps you have lost so many babies because you are not meant to have kids?" This one kind of has me at a loss. I sense a little bit of sarcasm towards my "religiousness" but at the same time, maybe a bit of inappropriately placed curiosity? I wanted to rage on you but you didn't have the balls to let me know who you were. I mean, there aren't enough words in the English language to describe how insensate, unsympathetic, callous, ignorant, unintelligent, and completely insensitive your comment/question was. All I can do is really hope that you grow a pair before the next time you want to spew your stupidity and that someone in turn can have the eloquence I lack in ripping you a new one making you feel positively abashed.

Dear Anonymous: You left me a comment about my posts HEREHEREHEREHERE, and, HERE. Let me start off by saying that for all your negativity and hatin' you must really love my blog because you KEEP ON COMING BACK. Apparently the fact that you think I am a "complaining, whining, illiterate, unimportant woman who tries to make myself feel more relevant by blogging about being a 'MilSpouse'" doesn't keep you from reading my blog and most certainly, doesn't keep you from being so irritated at me that you never come back. Too bad. I think my life would be complete if I never heard from you again. As for my complaining and whining, I have nothing to say besides this is MY blog, telling MY stories, and talking about MY life. If you don't like it, go jump off a cliff.  Now, concerning your claim that I am an "illiterate, unimportant woman who tries to make myself feel more relevant by blogging about being a 'MilSpouse'", I never claimed to be important or relevant. I also think you need to go look up the meaning of illiterate dearie because the fact that I can read your obnoxious comments and then in turn respond, proves you wrong. Dumbnuts.

Anyone else who is wanting to leave me a negative anonymous comment please rethink it, try to man up, grow a pair, and be an adult. There is no reason for hateful, antagonistic, or cynical attitudes. You're not only wasting so much of your own time and energy but mine as well. Making time to think up things to say and then spending time typing them out shows that you are indeed the ones who are unimportant people attempting to make yourself feel more relevant. This is my blog and I will continue to reject your comments and continue to put you on blast. Feel free to keep reading though!

34 comments:

Marie said...

::sniff, sniff:: I smell a fishy smell.. maybe from keeping ones legs open one too many times? I think it's Mrs. Anonymous. Lol. :)

Mama Steele said...

The fact that they don't have enough guts to identify themselves and spew their total ignorance and idiocy behind anonymous comments says it all, doesn't it? But I thought you had changed your blog to disallow anonymous comments...? Oh...and speaking of military- did you know Kevin was commissioned last Sat.? 2LT now...pretty cool! Cody and Carrie will be next- just a question of who will be first! =} Hang in there- don't let the ignorant idiots get you down!!!
<3 <3 <3

Steph said...

I hate Anonymous A-holes. I blocked them from my blog after one incident. That was enough for me.

Jordan Cole said...

Get it girl! Just remember, be thankful for idiots, for without them the rest of us wouldn't be able to succeed.

Goodnight moon said...

I actually publish my stupid anonymous comments. I don't want the idiot who left it think that they are winning. I think it makes them look more stupid for saying the things they have said.

WTCrap is the deal with these people. As you read, I have one on my blog too. It is so freaking annoying! Seriously...you have nothing better in your life that is going on then to leave me a hate comment, to try and make yourself feel important. It's like a hobby for them or something? I don't get it! Seriously..I am the ONLY one who walks in my shoes...so for someone to try to put me down, when they don't know me, pisses the freak out of me!

Mine actually wrote me an email this morning, telling me that I needed to get over myself. This is very interesting to me...VERY!

Okay...sorry...I would love to go on and on about this.

They are just jealous...and I think because we are milspouses, they think that they have the right to tell us their views on the war and crap!

Stupid people!!!!!!

blank said...

OOh! OOh! I want some anonymous outrageous comments on MY blog!!! They must really really LOVE you Mrs. S! ;) They just CAN'T stay away from you!

Erin said...

Here is what I don't understand about people, what is the point of leaving nasty comments anonymously. For one, if you don't like it, just don't read it. And two, have the balls to not be anonymous.

Erin said...

You go girl! I enjoyed reading this! It made me laugh, because I so agree!

LC said...

Man! People seriously write stuff like that, geez...seems like a waste of time and effort to take the time to comment and bring someone down for their opinion or conversation points.

Tylaine said...

Call me naive but I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would leave a nasty comment like that on a blog. I mean really we don't even know these people and you're judging! I cannot believe the nerve of some people. I absolutely cannot believe the one comment about babies you got. That is just unbelievably hurtful and callous. I'm sorry people can be so cruel. Mr. Anonymous will get his due! What a coward!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Erin. If you don't like a blog/post then STOP READING IT! Then if you just have to spew word vomit about your dislike then at least have the balls to say who you are. I really wanted to find the a-hole who said those nasty things about you not being able to have children. WHO DOES THAT?!?!

Star Spangled said...

You tell 'em, girl!

The LT's Wifey said...

I can't imagine how much energy it takes to produce such negativity and project it into print. There is a difference between constructive criticism and all out no holds barred spite. It is sad that people have this kind ability in them. The comment about you losing babies because God doesn't want you to have them. The next time anyone has a personal conversation with God, I highly doubt that God will privy them as to why some people are blessed with biological children and some people are not. Sending you many positive happy thoughts-and praying for those who chose to thrive on negativity instead of love.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you! I hate anonymous people who leave nasty comments. They are apparently "ballsy" enough to leave a nasty comment and possibly read your response (if you have one) but they can't admit who they are. So stupid! Glad you called them out though! =)

Nicole said...

Wow. There's really nothing else to say! WOW!

Skinnie Piggie said...

I guess I've been pretty darn lucky... I loved your responses to all of these though! =)

Amy J said...

That's so lame. :( My friend used to get mean anonymous comments on her personal blog all. the. time. Insulting her religious beliefs and how she raising her kids. I swear there are some people that just search blogs out to find something to whine about. She finally had to set her blog to not allow anonymous comments.

BryceandWhit said...

Wow you go girl... You just told them how it is... And for the one that says you write about stuff that doesnt matter well its your life your blog and you can write about whatever the hell you want to write about:)

Kathryn said...

Wow, I am sorry you went through all that. I don't think I have ever got an anonymous commenter, and if I have it only happened once or twice.

As far at AF Academy I have learned that it is a touchy subject, not sure why, but there are a few ladies here whose husband graduated from there and they just view things differently.

As far as the abortion issue, I am pro-life as well. Like you said your blog, your opinion. I don't know why people comment to make you mad. It's not like their comment is all of a sudden going to change your mind!

As far as the military. I don't know why they are picked you to pick on, there are hundreds of military wife bloggers out there as well, it's not like you are the only one.

Sorry again, and hope this people get the hint and move on! Have a great day! :)

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

WOW!! I can't stand people like that, who stay anonymous. I guess they feel really 'big' and 'brave' hiding behind a computer screen.

I have anonymous comments blocked on mine. I'm sure I would get them, and would make me cry and hurt my feelings :(

Carrie said...

i totally get why you posted this. i've read a lot of blogs whose authors struggle with mean comments. and there will definitely be a specific comment here and there that needs to be answered so you can clarify your stand. but you know how the contestant on american idol who argues back with the judges and tries to explain themselves always gets voted off the next week? this post was kind of like that for me... you said that you've learned to laugh, but your responses don't really show that. they are more argumentative and defensive. i think as you continue to do these posts they will be easier on the readers eyes and be more effective at getting back at the commenters if the post is more light-hearted and pokes more fun than anything.

i'm so sorry as a blogger that you have to deal with people like that! especially the ones who argue with your opinion. its ok if they have their own opinion and disagree but as soon as they start shooting down yours they're being an idiot.

Rei said...

Man... I don't get it. If you don't agree or like what somebody writes on THEIR blog on THEIR time, that is allowed. These stupid Anonymous people need to grow a pair or shut the heck up. Excuse my language.

Even if you don't agree with something, you can still be supportive and be inquisitive or start a dialogue! UGH. I'm hoping this will go away for you.

Laina said...

WOW, the nerve of some of these people. If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all. I think some people take freedom of speech a bit too far. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to you. You left me a nice comment on my blog and put a link to my blog on yours, that is so sweet of you, many thanks :) I, too, have really enjoyed finding other military spouses to connect with and make new friends :) It's nice meeting people you can really relate to and have an extended support network here in the blogging world. I will continue to check back on your blog for new posts and updates :) Take care :)
http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/

Kathryn said...

"Even though there are times where I think, "What is happening to this country?" there are the other times like hearing the national anthem and also every time I see men in uniform that my heart swells and I'm reminded that patriotism is still around, you just gotta look for it. Thanks for sharing!!"

I am so with you there! Sometimes I wonder the same thing. But like you said it's still out there, but we just got to look for it! Thanks for the comment! :)

Sarah said...

Holy crap!!! I dare them to leave comments like that on my blog!!! I cannot believe that! Luckily, I haven't had any of those anonymous comments. And I'm sure now that I've said that I'll have a billion waiting for me on my next post. =P People are ridiculous. Enough said.

Roller Coaster said...

What a bummer that you have to deal with crazy anonymous comments. I haven't had any big problems with anonymous commenters, but I know of others who do have problems so I now moderate all my comments. How do these people find blogs like ours? And why do they waste their time spreading their hate? this is YOUR blog, you write what you want girlfriend!

Unknown said...

Chelle you are so awesome. I love the way you respond to them- I'd just blow up hahaha. Way to be bold. I'm actually super interested in reading some of the anonymous quotes- honestly, it just makes me laugh at the way pathetic people have to post rude things just to make themselves feel better or to start an argument. It's plain immature. But yeah, go you! I think you're important and relevant, since we live across the country from you now. I love your blog- keep up the amazing work! It's always nice hearing from you.

Ashleigh said...

Ewwww, don't listen to them! That's SO annoying that they are leaving anonymous and MEAN comments. I mean really? What the heck?

Kassi said...

Wow! People are just plain ugly sometimes! I don't understand people who attack other people and won't even claim their comments. Girl I love your blog! Just keep voicing your opinions and ignoring rude people!

Mrs. Ma'am said...

Wow, just wow!

Sarah said...

I think you should just not allow anonymous commenters on your blog. They are obviously disrespecting you and I think it bothers you more than you want it to so why put yourself through that?

Chelle said...

I love the stupidity that is rampant in life. Without it though, we would be so incredibly bored with no free entertainment.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I like the way you approached this!
I got one over a year ago that my husband was not a "real" soldier b/c I did not ever speak of him being deployed and that her brother was over there fighting so we could be here taking advantage of military discounts at restaurants (I gave a shout out to Carraba's for their military discount)

Oh and found you on the MilSpouse blog hop :)

Anonymous said...

I seriously was cracking up inside (mostly because when I crack up on the outside when I'm reading something on the internet, my husband looks at me like I've lost my mind)
anwho, anyone that comments as anon. is a frickin' coward.

Tell it like it is.

and btw. i'm you're newest follower :D